Law Offices of Martin Yeranosyan
A Professional Corporation
Los Angeles Immigration Attorney
Family Immigration Los Angeles

A U.S. Citizen can petition for their immediate relatives to obtain their permanent residency in the United States. Immediate relatives include:

  • Children who are not married and under 21 years of age
  • Spouses
  • Parents

Immediate relative petitions are not subject to numerical limit. A U.S. Citizen and Permanent Residents may also petition for their other relatives to obtain their permanent residencies, but these types of petitions are subject to numerical limitations and depends when the visa becomes available according to the visa bulletin. These petitions are reserved for other relatives in the following preference format:

  • Unmarried Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens
  • Spouses and Children of Permanent Residents
  • Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent Residents
  • Married Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens
  • Brothers and Sisters of U.S. Citizens

The derivatives of principal applicants applying for adjustment of status may also obtain permanent residency based on the principle of family unity. Family members of diversity immigrants may also obtain their permanent residencies.

© 2010 Martin Yeranosyan A Professional Corporation. All Rights Reserved

Family Immigration Los Angeles - Los Angeles